Requirements for Immigrating as Skilled Workers & Professionals

Businessman in office space with a desk globeThe category of skilled worker and professional involves those people who already have their university degree and experience in their profession within their own country like engineer, doctor or lawyer. Those who apply in this category must be good in at least French or English language (or both), which are the official languages of Canada.

As per CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada), people who immigrate under the category of skilled worker will be eligible providing that they had lived in Canada legally for 1 year as international student or temporary worker, they were already offered an employment in Canada, or they have 1 one year of least experience in any one of the occupations listed by CIC. There are many occupation listed by the CIC for those who wants to immigrate to Canada. Anyone who is interested can find this list on the official website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) by following this link:

Moreover, the applicants under skilled worker category must have at least 1 year of part-time or full-time experience in their occupation; there experience must occurred anytime in past 10 years and they must be skilled in either technical, managerial or professional occupation.

In the end, there are six factors which decide the eligibility for immigrating to Canada: good English or French speaking power, age, education, work experience and if the arrangement for employment and accommodation has been done. It is also a necessity for candidates to prove that they have enough money, when they reach in Canada, for supporting themselves or any children or/and spouse who are immigrating too.

Those people who are not sure about their eligibility for immigrating to Canada can take self-test, offered by the Canadian government, on the following website:

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Uncategorized, Visa

About the Author (Author Profile)

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge